Text in black is work already done, text in green ongoing work, text in blue is to be done in the future.
- Draw up the Scope and Objectives for the group.
- Establish the official WG delegate for each interested country (UIS voting is by country).
- Catch up with the good work which has already been done in this area: Each existing worker to post a "summary" of what they have done, as well as point us to their detail, e.g. via their web page.
- Establish website and Mailinglist as a platform for discussion and publishing roadmaps, working drafts and results.
- Decide on the range of fields which we need to consider in a survey data transfer.
- Draw up a survey and mapping ERD (Entity Relationship
Diagram) recognizing the difference between surveying and mapping data.
- Fill out the fields needed in each entity of the ERD.
- Define each of these fields.
- Define structure of the XML file: root-element, nesting, elements and attributes, etc.
- Produce regular working drafts for the proposed standard.
- Provide DTD and Schema.
- Provide Documentation of the field definitions and data structure.
- Publish the Working Drafts for discussion and comments.
- Make Revisions after public comment.
- Vote by WG delegates.
- Ratification by UISIC.
- Publicise the format after acceptance.
- Produce explanatory and training material.
- List software needed and organise it to get done.